Common Questions

(Q) Can I burn inside Union Road's Fire District?

(A) Yes, you can burn tree limbs, leaves, and yard debris inside Gaston County as long there is no burn ban in effect. You must have a burning permit and a reliable water source on hand. There is no outdoor burning inside the city limits of Gastonia.

(Q) Does Union Road VFD fill swimming pools?

(A) No, you will need to look in the phone book to find a company for filling swimming pools.

(Q) How can I get a free smoke detector? 

(A) The Gaston County Fireifghters Association provides this service, call (704) 866-3355 for your request.

(Q) Who do I contact for a fire inspection?

(A) Union Road VFD does not perform fire inspections, they are performed by the Gaston County Fire Marshal's Office. You can contact them at (704) 866-3350.

(Q) Where can I get a copy of a fire incident report?

(A) You may obtain a copy of the report either from Union Road VFD or the Gaston County Fire Marshal's Office.

(Q) How can I schedule the fire department to come out to a community event?

(A) You may call the fire department at (704) 865-2611 and leave a message for one of the chief's and they will get back with you to set up that event.

(Q) Can I bring my children to visit Union Road VFD?

(A) Yes, anyone is welcome to come visit the station between the hours of 8am and 10pm, just please keep in mind that we may need to leave abruptly in the event a call is dispatched to us. 

(Q) Does Union Road VFD have any paid positions? 

(A) Yes, Monday through Friday during the hours of 8am to 5pm there are 2 part time employees on duty at the station. all other hours we are fully staffed by volunteers.

For other questions not posted here please use the contact us portion of the web-site and send us your question and we will get back with you.

Remember Our Fallen

© 2023 Union Road Volunteer Fire Department Inc.