1. Come to the station and pick up an application between the hours of 8am to 5pm.
2. Fill out the entire application.
3. Turn in application to the department and it will be reviewed by the application committee.
4. Once the committee has reviewed your application, and you have met the minimum requirements of the department, you will be called in for an interview.
5. After the interview, you will be told whether you can or cannot move forward in the process to become a member of our department. If you can move forward in the process, it will be up to you and your performance in order to become a member. The entire membership votes whether someone will be voted on our department. The way to get voted on is come to the station and show that you are interested in being a member. Things that will be expected of you during your application period will be things such as helping wash trucks, help clean the station, learn the equipment on the trucks, learn about our department, meet all of the members, etc.
6. Your probationary period will last a minimum of 6 months and a maximum of 2 years. In that time you must obtain your NC Firefighter Certification. Once this is completed you will be tested on your knowledge of the fire service and removed from probationary status. (You will be given a manual to help you through the entire process).
For questions please contact Union Road Volunteer Fire Department